David Earl wrote:
> On 26/02/2008 15:43, David Earl wrote:
>> I strongly disagree with doing this generally, and will get very upset
>> if you start deleting my carefully surveyed school nodes for example.
>> The positions where I've put of these is significant within quite
>> extensive school grounds.
>
> I should say, I'd have no strong objection in this case to changing
> these amenity=school nodes to building=school NODES, but that's a very
> different prospect from deleting them.

This is exactly where agreement on just which tags mean what is essential. If
we are looking for all schools in a town we want a list of single entries! We
don't want to be guessing if two entries with similar names are actually the
same school :( Or if a town has 10 or 20 schools based on the returned data.

> Ideally I'd have building=school areas, but it is rarely possible to get
> the shapes on the ground, and Yahoo satellite imagery is a luxury
> reserved for particular urban areas (someone has carefully done this for
> the Cambridge colleges, which looks great).

And as far as I can see data wise we get a list of collages with single
entries for each. But starting from a single node POI and then changing to an
area is a logical progression. If the original node is supplying some
information missing from the area then THAT needs to be addressed, but if the
new area is just enhancing the information, loosing the node should not be a
problem?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL