Hello,

On Mar 3, 2008, at 21:25, Jukka Rahkonen wrote:
>> mapnik or osmarender. From what I remember of reading the code, both
>> renderers skip areas with role=inner when rendering.
>
> I can see that both renderers do draw the inner roles as holes, see:
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?
> lat=60.16334&lon=24.94202&zoom=16&layers=B0FT

I think the problem I'm trying to address clearly:

To map a lake in a forest area, I should currently create both a
closed way with natural=water, and a closed way that is an 'inner'
member of the forest's multipolygon relation. Both of these ways
share the same nodes (and may or may not need to be oriented in
special ways).

This seems redundant.

Cheers
Robert