Hi,

> I have only found it possible to measure a building outline based on
> aerial imagery - I've not managed to get a good enough image from a GPS.
> I'm hoping that one day, video mapping (using match-moving as well as
> GPS) may help.

I've also heard people say that you might be able to derive
information about buildings lining a road if you store the DOP values
for all satellites along with your track. This is probably highly
experimental though.

And there's of course the low-tech solution that involves a compass,
taking coordinates of one corner of the building and then writing down
"150 metres in direction 235°" or so (either guessing the 150 metres
or counting steps while walking). With proper editor support (I've
been told that's basic fare for CAD programs) you can then quickly
create rectangles according to your measurements.

Bye
Frederik

--
Frederik Ramm  ##  eMail [EMAIL PROTECTED]  ##  N49°00'09" E008°23'33"