Frederik Ramm wrote:

> And there's of course the low-tech solution that involves a
> compass, taking coordinates of one corner of the building and
> then writing down "150 metres in direction 235°" or so (either
> guessing the 150 metres or counting steps while walking). With
> proper editor support

JOSM would need to turn into GIMP, with turn, copy-and-paste,
measure, background grid, etc.  Or will it be easier to implement
the OSM API in GIMP?  That sounds like more than just a Google SoC
project.

I live in one of a group of 6 similar buildings, placed in zig-zag
along a street.  I don't want to draw each of the buildings.  I
should be able to copy, paste, turn, group, copy, paste, paste.

Then again, if I discover I drew all houses a little too short, I
wouldn't want to edit all of them.  They should be 6 instances of
an object class and I should only need to update the object
definition once.  And we need that object to be a 3D model.

Version 4711 of JOSM in 2015 will be quite advanced.

--
  Lars Aronsson ([EMAIL PROTECTED])