Alex Mauer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've written up a proposal here:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Proposed_features/Incline_railway

I don't like this! It is often impossible to differeciate between
incline railways and ordinary railways, esecially in countries like
Switzerland.

There are quite a lot of ordinary Railways (e.g. Täsch - Zermatt)
which are using rack-and-pinion at some places while using an
ordinary railroad drive most of the time.

This said, I would not differeciate between railway=rail/narrow_gauge
and incline in particular. Instead using something like rack=yes in
addition!

However, as far as funiculars are concerned these are totaly different beasts
without any connection to ordinary railways.

Thus I would suggest the new tag railway=funicular and an additional tag like
rack=yes

Regards

Sven

--
"Every time you use Google, you're using a Linux machine"
                             (Chris DiBona, a programs manager for Google)

/me is [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://sven.gegg.us/ on the Web