On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 9:02 PM, Alex Mauer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Sven Geggus wrote:
>  >
>  > To be serious, I don't like this pseudo object-oriented
>  > railway:incline:traction= stuff at all.
>
>  Huh?  object oriented?  It's like that in order to prevent potential
>  conflicts, not anything to do with object orientation.

Gah. All the namespacing appears to be there to raise the barrier to
entry, rather than solving any real problem. Once again, I will say
that it is unnecessarily complicated. If I find a traction=something I
will know that you are talking about railway traction because it is on
a railway=something object. In the same way, I will know that
capacity=100 means that it's a chairlift capacity because it's on a
chairlift, not a car park, and any "piste:thing:capacity" is a waste
of time. You are simply making the tagging extremely complicated to
remember.

Please, please, please stop with the namespacing. We have tens of
thousands of volunteers who won't understand what it means, and it
doesn't actually solve any real problems.

Cheers,
Andy