Axel von Matern wrote:

> What I have found when searching the archives and else on Internet
> seem very complicated and outadet processes to do this. I found a web
> service that could make svg files out of gps files, but the vectors
> where totally segmented and therby useless.

As yet there's not an easy way to do it.

When TomH finishes the export tab real soon now, you'll be able to
export as PDF and then import that into Illustrator. Or maybe you'll
even be able to export into Illustrator if I get round to adding that
bit.

If you're handy with planet.osm and can get it into a database,
there's a command-line utility in svn, but I'm guessing from your
message that you're not. But maybe someone on the list who has the
full planet could run the script for you?

cheers
Richard