Axel von Matern schrieb:
Hi!

Is there a easy way to get my OSM data into Illustrator?
[...]
Im making a map over Phang Nga province in Thailand and thought it would be great to use OSM as a tool to get the data right. In the past I traced satellite images in Adobe Illustrator and traced (www.khaolak2004.com and www.khaolakmap.com). Now it would be wonderful if I could collect t

Am I searching in vain? Or are there a easy way to do this?

Hi there,

Depends on your definition of "easy" and what software you are using besides Illustrator.
In Linux it is "fairly" easy:
Use Osmarender (XML or Perl-Version) and convert your .osm to an svg. Either import that to Illustrator or convert the svg to pdf using inkscape (or anything else of course, but inkscape does pretty well since 0.46, using cairo to export to pdf). I'm experimenting with this at the moment but I think I'll post some links to PDFs some time soon.

Jannis