On Fri, May 02, 2008 at 10:25:50AM +0100, Dave Stubbs wrote:
> OTH I don't know much about AS3 so I can't say whether it's much better in
> this regard, but from a quick scan of it, I'd say it was. I think the main
> problem is the likely-hood of an opensource player being available for it.
> AS3 means flash 9 and better only, and currently the os stuff is way off
> that. I don't know whether that's likely to change any time soon. There is
> an official adobe 32bit linux version that works very well though, which
> will be good enough for most people.

Just to give a counterweight (because you are the second person
de-emphasizing the free tools argument) : I strongly value that
openstreetmap not only provides 'free' data but also unencumbered
tools to work with that data. Obviously the closer to the hearth
of the project (and potlatch is very close to it), the more so.

> I'd try to be optimistic and keep developing -- raise the bar for any new
> editor as high as you can make it.

While I have no opinion either way on the whole issue brought up in
this thread, I can only agree with this.

cu bart