On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 04:06:06PM +0200, Stefan Neufeind wrote:
> > I do agree though that these informations should not be the scope of OSM
> > but there should be some possibility to link them.
>
> I agree. But in the meantime imho where available we should at least add
> that information to have them available in a clear and structured way
> together with the POIs. If at a later step we decide to split off
> certain information (opening hours, descriptions, ratings, ...) into a
> separate POI-database or something, then we're ready to go.

I was thinking about some "OpenYellowPages" like the "OpenGeoDB" so you
add some node/way in OSM and set some id on it which is linkable to the
OpenYellowPages. Now you can maintain all these informations seperate
from OSM although one has a "strict" link between.

One you (re)move the node this could get visible in the OpenYellowPages
or OYP could tell you which nodes have been removed/changed.

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]             +49-171-2280134
        Those who would give up a little freedom to get a little