Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 10:26:44 +0200
From: "leblatt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: To: "'robin paulson'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: 'OSM Talk' <talk@openstreetmap.org>
Re: [OSM-talk] Left and Right?

IMO, comparing bus stops to post boxes or phone booths is a bit specious. Of
course the bus stop shelter, or sign, is off the road/street. Or else they
would cause some problems to motorists ! But they are in fact closely tied
to that road, as the buses that stop there drive on that road, not aside it.
OTOH, when you want to use a post box or a phone booth, you normally don't
just stop on the road nearby, you have to park somewhere and walk to it.
Thus they are really off-road features, unrelated to the road.