Lance Dyas schrieb:
leblatt wrote:
No big deal, but when I hit « reply » on a talk@openstreetmap.org <mailto:talk@openstreetmap.org> message, it replies to the message originator, not the list. I have to hit “reply all”, and remove the originator.

On the French ML, I just have to hit “reply”, as in most MLs. I use outlook as a mail reader. Is this a problem ?

No I use Thunderbird and it has the same effect for me.. OpenLayers is the only other mailing list with this stupid setting and it annoys the hell out of me.. If I want to reply privately to a public conversation I should have to go
out of my way to do that.... not the other way around

I guess you are not aware of the "reply all" button in thunderbird which does send to the mailing list, so it's only logical that "reply" does not send to the ML.

Yes, "reply all" does send a copy directly to the author, but mailman is intelligent enough so you can tell it not to send dupes to people addressed directly (unless addressed by BCC, in which case there is no way to tell there was a dupe in the first place)

--

Dirk-Lüder "Deelkar" Kreie
Bremen - 53.0952°N 8.8652°E