[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> On Sat, 06 Sep 2008 17:47:00 +0100, Lester Caine <> wrote:
>> Interesting choice of routes when going north up the M6 but I'm sure at
>> times
>> that taking the back roads would be quicker ;)
>>
> Do you have an example (using the Permalink) that gives a 'faulty' route?
> There are several possibilities for causing Gosmore to calculate non-expected
> routes. It'll be interesting to see what the cause(s) are.

I think the problem here is probably not allowing for road junctions and the
like?
I'm trying to recreate one but things are slow at the moment. I had a couple
of jobs in Stockport and coming up from Birmingham I would expect to go up the
M6 and in around Manchester Airport, but the router took me off the motorway
quite a way south and up the 'scenic' route ;)
Almost anything created around here is not going for the fastest route
http://tile.openstreetmap.nl/~lambertus/routing-world/?flat=52.80719&flon=-2.117257&tlat=53.407745&tlon=-2.160111&v=motorcar&fast=1
Should have dropped onto the M6 at Stafford and then off again near Knutsford.
The route it selects has a large number of 'stop/start' intersections :(

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL