On 14/10/2008 13:43, spaetz wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 02:16:15PM +0200, sylvain letuffe wrote:
>> I respect your points to defend cycleway, and to tag the "pedestrians
>> allowed"
>> by adding a foot=yes, but I'm quite sure the original problem in belgium was
>> not quite a "pedestrian only" case.
>>
>> The fact is, that here in france (but I think this is the same case in
>> belgium) we have those "so called" cycleway where are allowed :
>> - bicycle
>> - pedestrian
>> - skate boards
>> - roller blades
>> - pedestrian with dogs
>> - wheel chair
>> - small plastic cars for children
>> etc.
>>
>> Will anyone tag this :
>
>> highway=cycleway;foot=yes;skate=yes;roller=yes;.... ?

In the UK, pedestrians can use all highways except where explicitly
disallowed (e.g. motorways, and those where there is a Traffic
Regulation Order). So if we do this ad absurdum highway=residential etc
should be tagged foot=yes, bicycle=yes (and so on) as well.

Tagging a road as something implies certain rules, surely, and only when
those rules are different from the standard (for that country) should
you need to say so. Same as the oneway=no discussion that went on
previously.

David