SteveC wrote:

> CloudMade have some people experienced in Search Engine Optimisation
> and we'd like to offer their time to look at making OSM push higher up
> search results. Basically we think it would be nice that if you search
> for 'free maps' and things like that then OSM comes up to the top.
>
> What do you think?

I like.

One quick win. When you search for OpenStreetMap on your favourite
search engine, it returns something like this:

OpenStreetMap
Licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.0
license by the OpenStreetMap project and its contributors. ...
www.openstreetmap.org/ - 14k - Cached - Similar pages

And yes, it's the first text on our main page... but it's not a great
summary of the project. Actually it's the worst bit of the project. ;)

If I wasn't a walking one-man CSS disaster area I'd change it myself.

cheers
Richard