Hi,

Ldp wrote:
> How would you detect order-unaware clients uploading such an ordered
> relation?

I wouldn't bother. My timeline:

1. Build the feature into API 0.6 and tell nobody about it. Nobody will
notice, nobody has to change what he does.
2. Make sure the big three editors support ordering. Nobody will notice,
nobody has to change what he does. Also, try and get Osmosis and the
various mirror services (ROMA, XAPI) to support ordered relations.
3. Once this is working to a sufficient degree, announce that ordered
relations are now possible (if required, issue some caveats like "but
doesn't work in XYZ yet"), and would anyone using their own client or a
niche editor please make sure to respect this.
4. If someone messes things up, the human beings involved can sort that
out. It is not the API's responsibility to make sure that clients work
correctly.

I'm not in the mood for a complex capability exchange between server and
client although if we should make the creation of a changeset mandatory
in 0.6 then the "create changeset" request would be an ideal place to
add such things.

Bye
Frederik

--
Frederik Ramm  ##  eMail [EMAIL PROTECTED]  ##  N49°00'09" E008°23'33"