Frederik Ramm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Erik Johansson wrote:
>> pat=patuqutaujuq ==> natural=snow
>> pat=patuqun ==> natural=snow
>> pat=patpat ==> natural=snow
>
> Ah, the old story about the various Inuit names for snow, isn't it.
>
> How about
>
> natural=snow
> snow=slush
> snow=sleet
> snow=blizzard
> snow=drift
> snow=white-out
> snow=flurry
> snow=powder
> snow=dusting
> snow=hardpack
> snow=crust
>
> if you're looking for diversity. - All these should, of course, ideally
> take the form of multiple tags, with one first saying "there is snow"
> and then, in a second or third tag, say something about where it came
> from, where it goes to, how much there is, how cold it is, and whether
> or not it has dog pee traces in it.

I know this was a bit tongue in cheek, but with the ski season for the
north with us, up to date maps showing the show conditions are probably
of interest to a lot of people. I'm certainly not one of them, but why
should snow maps be any different to cycling or 'in-line skating' ;)

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL