On 11 Dec 2008, at 15:23, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 11:01 AM, Peter Miller
> <peter.mil...@itoworld.com> wrote:
>> Note that in future all official ITO uploads to Flickr will be done
>> via a new Flickr user called ItoWorld:
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/itoworld/
>
> My only trouble with it is that it seems to have trouble with
> non-ascii characters wherever they appear. The image export renders
> "í" as "FFFFC3FFFFAD" (see [1]), and when viewing user statistics it
> doesn't include users with non-ascii names (see [2]) even if the
> user(s) in question have the most contributions to the area.
>
> I reported this on itoworld.com but from the form it looked like it
> was meant for comments about misc. comments about the web UI so I
> wasn't sure whether it reached someone that could do anything about
> it.

Apologies - we did get your note and it is recorded. I have also added
to the list of requests on the OSM Mapper wiki page.
(http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_Mapper
)

We are planning a bug sweep and features session on the product early
in the new year which should sort these things out.

Peter