Hi Richard,

please don't mistake me for one of the German Potlatch haters. I
rather like it, and acknowledge the great work you've done. But:

On Dec 16, 2008, at 10:24, Richard Fairhurst wrote:
> management. Conflict management isn't really an issue when you're
> redownloading from the server every minute or so; it is when you're
> clicking
> 'Upload' after an hour's editing.

I don't think that's true: It's a problem as soon as two people are
editing simultaneously in the same area. I ran into the problem a bit
recently when giving phone support to somebody new to OSM, both
editing the same area in Potlatch. Mostly, I took care to use "Play"
mode, but when not, it was quite hard to resist fixing one or the
other small error.

Another situation where this is quite likely to show up is when two
people try to fix OpenStreetBugs as soon as they appear.

With API 0.6, we'll notice when this happens, right?

By the way, has anyone successfully disabled the Potlatch welcome
dialog?

Cheers
Robert