Hi,

Till Harbaum / Lists wrote:
> So the question is: This has started as a mobile editor with focus on small
> devices and ease of use. Do you think there's enough demand for yet another
> desktop editor to also support binary distributions for desktop linux
> machines?

Editing on mobile devices or on devices with small screens in general is
a big weakness in our current tool landscape. I halfway expected someone
to make a "JOSM small screen edition" but nobody did; maybe that's
because the JOSM developer community does not use small screens all that
much.

There is nothing to say (from my side) against another desktop editor
but the small screen/mobile use is where osm2go really adds the most
value. If you can manage to do both then do it, but I believe that if
you aim too much at large-screen users then you may get all sorts of
feature requests from that area which actually make the application
worse (or, at least, more clumsy) for the small screen/mobile use, and
that would be a pity.

Bye
Frederik