On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 4:49 PM, Andy Allan <gravityst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Absolutely. Wikipedia haven't succumbed  to the "Disable TextArea
> Finally" campaign, despite how easy it is to make mistakes when
> editing pages. I'm glad I don't have to download a java program in
> order to fix typos :-P

Wikipedia has watchlists, recent changes and observable histories.
It's easy to roll back mistakes. This isn't the case with OSM
(although it might be once 0.6 is out). For instance someone deleted a
landuse area I added some time in the last three months and I don't
even have the first idea how to begin tracking down who did it. when,
and how to restore it.

This is in no way a comment against Potlatch or any editor in
particular, but rather against the sentiment that editors don't have
to be careful because we can always revert changes, we can't for all
intents and purposes without using external powertools, unlike
Wikipedia.