Robert Vollmert wrote:

> With API 0.6, we'll notice when this happens, right?

Yeah, kind of - there'll be some form of conflict dialogue though with no
way to resolve it as yet, short of reloading the area. I don't really think
the API 0.6 people were thinking of Potlatch when they decided on that bit.
:|

But one thing that will help is that Potlatch, under API 0.6, will
automatically ask the server for changes every minute or so; and when it
asks for changes, it'll load new versions when available (because the
version column is now exposed in current_ways and current_nodes). So if your
friend on the phone makes a change, it'll automatically show on your screen
within a minute (or sooner, if you pan), assuming no conflict of course.

> By the way, has anyone successfully disabled the Potlatch welcome
> dialog?

http://trac.openstreetmap.org/ticket/1402

cheers
Richard