Peter Miller wrote:
> Agreed. And I notice that Mikel Maron is involved in the
> OpenTransitData project you refer to that is trying to free up this
> data.

http://opentransitdata.org

A simple start, cataloging the degree of openness of their transit data .. from
not available at all, to in google transit, to data in the commons. The
community of developer/activists can use this to approach transit agencies and
lobby for more open release of schedules.

http://opentransitdata.org/wiki/index.php?title=Public_Transit_Openness_Index

Wiki was the easiest way to start. A simple web app would probably capture this
more effectively! Building on GTFS Data Exchange makes sense, though I haven't
reached out to the developers there yet.

Comments and help welcome!

-Mikel