I am getting a garmin in car unit(<$200)
Needless to day the following two functionalities are needed
1. Read OSM maps(all nuvi can read from SD card)
2. Write gpx data with altitude and timestamp info

The second point has gotten me stumped a bit, and I am torn between 3 models
205, 260 and 265T.
the 205 is the cheapest, and apparently some sites say I cannot dump
GPX tracks to SD card. Is it true?
Moreover I want to know if there is an auto option for dumping tracks.
I don't want it to dump tracks every second or so(which causes points
to be dumped even when stationary).

Are there any users here of the 205?
What is the longest log you have dumped?

I do a lot of mountain roads through foliage, will the nuvi 205 have
problem getting signal in trees and all, if so what else should I be
looking at.

The budget -> Lower the better!

PS: I chose garmin because OSM->garmin is the least painful and most doable.