2009/1/6 Joseph Scanlan <n7...@arrl.net>

> On Mon, 5 Jan 2009, D Tucny wrote:
>
>  What sort of control do you have over the tracklogging with the 760?
>>

> None.  I got mine before I got interested in OSM.  I'm tempted to get an
> eTrex or something for mapping.

I have the 60CSx, there are some things that could be improved, it's not
perfect, but, it does the job and is pretty rugged...

>  Still, expensive...
>>

> costco.com (here in the US) had a good price for the nuvi 760 when I got
> mine.  Even then, you should be able to spend less to get a better GPS for
> OSM mapping.

I already have the 60CSx, what I'm looking for now is something for car
navigation, but, that can also store tracks, I'd prefer to have a single in
car unit rather than a nest of wires and a pile of electrical devices,
though it may come to that :) (anyone know of any pure loggers that can be
powered off a 12v car supply and automatically power up and start logging
when that power supply is turned on? ;))