On Mon, 5 Jan 2009, D Tucny wrote:

> The response I received from Garmin was:
> "Thank you for contacting Garmin International.
>
> There are several units that may fit your purpose:
>
> nuvi 500 (you get to see 1:100,000 scale Topo Maps)
> nuvi 775T
> nuvi 765T
> nuvi 755T

Interesting.  I'm using a nuvi 760.

What I do is connect the 760 to my computer with a USB cable and
transfer nuviCurrent.gpx to my hard drive.  nuviCurrent.gpx works as-is
in JOSM but I have to hand edit it to remove Garmin's data if I want to
upload my tracks to the OSM servers.

This might work for the less expensize nuvis but I have to admit it is a
little awkward.

Joseph Scanlan
+1-702-455-3679                                  http://www.n7xsd.us/
j...@co.clark.nv.us (work)                   (not work) n7...@arrl.net