2009/1/28 andrzej zaborowski <balr...@gmail.com>

> 2009/1/28 Jürgen Reimann <juergen.reim...@gmx.de>:
> > Hello, please don't shoot me if I'm absolutely wrong at this place. I
> want
> > to ask what is to be done if a strange error in Google-Maps appears.
>
> This might be a wrong list to ask about Google Maps.
>
> > This map (like OSM) should also be free of strange mistakes. Does anybody
> > know, who (in person) is responsible for the information
> > provided by Google-Maps. (I think even OSM is not absolutely correct in
> this
> > area - I have to check it this weekend).
> > Please have a look at this area and you know what I mean:
> > http://sautter.com/map/?zoom=17&lat=51.12995&lon=6.46463&layers=B000TFFF
>
> Check out
> http://sautter.com/map/?zoom=14&lat=-5.06418&lon=-39.0461&layers=B000TFFF
> , this whole region on Google Maps is somebody's rich imagination and
> lots of creativity.  Roads are > 20km off.

That looks like vmap0 level of quality...

The vmap0 dataset seems to have been used by a number of mapping providers
as at least the base for parts of the world where they have no coverage, the
resolution is incredibly low and the quality is horrible... What it does do,
is make it look like there is map coverage in an area that would otherwise
just be blank, of course, it's of virtually no use to anyone...