Hello,

I found out recently about the license change issue, and I discover with
fear that everything looks decided. I feel I'm being rushed.

I don't understand why an adoption plan has been put up while the very
terms of the license are yet unsettled. How can the authors be so certain
that no significant changes will need to be made after the comment phase?
Changes would imply another comment phase on the new version.

The time granted to read all the discussions, documents, wiki pages *and*
understand them correctly is way too short. OSM is not a full-time
occupation for many people.

Moreover, after having read the proposed license text and some comments on
wiki pages, I am under the impression that most of the participants in the
discussion are public domain advocates and that they may use this license
change to promote their views. While i respect these people, I do not share
their opinions and I will not let OSM go PD. Granted, some texts claim it
will not be the case (report from SOTM), but the current text of the ODbL
raised my suspicion. Please correct if I misunderstood.

* Waivers : thankfully I cannot legally waive my moral rights in my
country, but I think it is unfair to require this form any person in the
world. Of course I do not require that my name is printed on all
OSM-generated maps, should they effectively contain data that I inserted in
the DB. Being collectively acknowledged as "OSM contributor" is sufficient
for me. But, I require that if someone wants to find out who are the
precise people behind the data, this should be possible. To me, the current
license text simply states that any person contributing data from a country
where moral rights waivers are possible, may have their name completely
deleted from the DB.

* Produced Works : as I understand, it will be possible to distribute a
produced image map under any license, including all rights reserved.
Therefore, if an editor produces good-looking maps with an unpublished
process, the published maps will not even be usable in a SA manner, even if
the editor used community resources at the root of its process. This sounds
unacceptable to me.

That's all for now, but I might raise other concerns as I discover them.

JC