Robert (Jamie) Munro wrote:

> Richard Fairhurst wrote:
>> Andy Allan wrote:
>>> Quite. Can someone please come up with names for the two "main"
>>> styles that aren't just the technology that creates them?
>> Mapnik -> Standard (or maybe 'Classic')
>
> I think that the Mapnik layer should be called "UK Style". Green trunk
> roads, Blue motorways etc. are all standard features of British maps,
> and not in use as much elsewhere.

Except maybe one day we'll have the technology to use different colours
in different countries - it's not really deliberately a UK style, that
is just a side effect of (a) not having support for country specific
schemes and (b) the main cartographer doing that layer being UK based.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (t...@compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/