SteveC wrote:

> The other thing that could be better is the search engine optimisation
> of the front page so that it shows up higher for some search terms
> like "free maps" and stuff.

Why do I always want to barf when I hear somebody mention SEO...

> Anyway some thoughts are jotted down here:
>
>       http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Front_Page
>
> There are a bunch of open questions like what design elements should
> stay, what should go, what colour schemes would be neat. Feel free to
> contribute and if it's useful we can build a design brief based on
> comments and ideas... then if it's useful to the community we can have
> them do some more design work to build some cool front page mockups.

In some ways of course the design is the easy bit, then we need a
volunteer to do battle with javascript and try and implement the changes
which is no mean feat on our frontpage I can assure you ;-)

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (t...@compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/