On Mar 16, 2009, at 2:45 PM, Gerald A wrote:

> Why not just do a trial import, and see how it goes? See what
> changes and why, rather then crushing changes with instant reversions?

Maybe I haven't been obvious enough here?  It's much more interesting
to see what kinds of edits people would make to (positional) data
which is already more correct than anybody here could make it.  On the
other hand, there's plenty of room for metadata edits.

So, I'm not going to do any reverting, but will instead look at the
edits that have been made to the data (already imported) when it comes
time to update it.  And I'll report back here on the nature of those
edits.
--
Russ Nelson - http://community.cloudmade.com/blog -
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:RussNelson