On 13/05/09 14:47, Ian Dees wrote:
> This is different, though, as Google owns the StreetView data. They
> license all other geographic data (street maps and aerial/satellite
> images).

Yes that's what I thought. As far as I know Yahoo licenced map data and
bought the 'you can relicence it' option, whereas Google didn't. Hence
as far as I know, Google can't legally let people use the aerial imagery
like Yahoo can.

StreetView data would be awesome to have, since it would massivly
increase the amount of information we could add. Footpaths, speedlimits,
 number of lanes, etc etc, Theses are things you can't get from aerial
imagery.