Hi Folks,

This is some sort of quality of service question. Half of all the tiles on
http://www.openstreetmap.org render as 'more OSM coming soon'. I want to
know if I am doing something wrong (Ubuntu 8.10 + firefox 3.0 + reasonable
hardware)

Showing OSM to a friend that has not seen 'the Map' does not give a good
impression this way. A solution is to implement some sort of double
buffering where the old tiles are kept for display until the new one has
properly rendered? Well, that's maybe impossible, but it would improve the
responsiveness of the http://www.openstreetmap.org at the moment.

I am not 100% sure if this list is the most appropriate place to post and
apolgise for hogging the wrong list with my concerns.

Kind regards,
Ivom