On 18 May 2009, at 16:40, Richard Fairhurst wrote:

> Peter Miller wrote:
>> We would need to take advice on it, but I see no reason why
>> mappers can't sign-up to use the photography on-line
>
> Er, we do that already. You can't edit OSM without registering.

Sounds interesting. So possibly we can comply with the licensing
regulations without any special actions by the user. Currently for the
Gaza Strip we provide a URL 'in the clear where you get the URL on
request and enter it into JOSM - no need to sign in to access it when
you know the URL and no technical mechanism to stop it being mis-used
- hence the person side of setting it up.

It would of course be good to provide the user with simple access to
the photography through Potlatch only available to registered users
(which as you say is all users)- would that be possible?

Regards,

Peter