On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 1:41 PM, Phil
Endecott<spam_from_osm_t...@chezphil.org> wrote:
> Matt Amos wrote:
>> please use it. the use case you've described is perfectly in keeping
>> with the intended use of the logo (i.e: it's relevant to OSM). what
>> sort of license do you need? is your app closed-source?
>
> Thanks.  I simply wish to replace the textual "go to OpenStreetMap" button
> that you can see here: http://topomapsapp.com/features_imgs/actions.jpeg (or
> in context, here: http://topomapsapp.com/features.html) with an icon.  The
> app is closed-source and I think I am happy with any terms that are
> "non-viral" and do not require in-situ attribution (the physical size of
> e.g. a Creative Commons attribution graphic is impractical).

by the powers of greyskull, i hearby grant you a single worldwide,
royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable copyright license to use the OSM
logo for your app without attribution.

/me waits for the amateur lawyers to descend....

>> PS: i'm not in the habit of putting my email address on the wiki, but
>> i thought posting to my User_Talk page would do the trick?
>
> I interpreted your "contact me directly" as an invitation to email you, and
> I found an address that was not your current gmail one.

no worries :-) over the years i have collected many email addresses,
some of which are now colossal spam-traps. i'm wary of creating more,
but gmail seems to be holding up pretty well. i shall amend the wiki
page.

cheers,

matt