On 14/07/09 08:30, Bernhard zwischenbrugger wrote:

> Now we have the changesets like
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/1815935
>
> It's relative easy to identify bad edits.
>
> Is it possible to add an "undo request button" or "spam button" to this
> page?

What are you expecting this button to do?

If you want it to actually revert the change then the simple answer is
that such a button probably won't appear, both because we don't want to
make it too easy and because in general terms it won't work - reverting
will often need manual intervention to resolve conflicts.

If you're saying that it should mail some mythical team of ninja mappers
who will spring into action and revert the changeset then you're going
to need to establish the team of ninja mappers first before we can add
the button.

Anyway, to draw on Frederik's workshop at SOTM the actual revert is in
many ways the easy part - the hard thing is establishing the authority
to do the revert. In other words the question of who gets to decide that
an edit is "bad" and should be reverted.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (t...@compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/