For those of us who live in areas that are pretty sparse on mappers, I don't
see this being a problem.  Speaking from personal experience, just seeing an
undo button on your user history would prevent a lot of conflicts from
people trying to "fix" their mistakes.

Take a look at the history for this stretch of I-75 near the TN/GA border,
since I was unaware of the undo process, I ended up spending 6+ hours
redrawing I-75 (admittedly the work needed to be done to fix TIGER, but
still) because of a single-keystroke mistake that the CTRL-Z undo in
Potlatch didn't allow me to undo.

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?minlon=-85.6267052&minlat=34.8502047&maxlon=-84.2608284&maxlat=35.0374212&box=yes

Chris