I completely agree with Pieren here. Unless you're part of the happy
fews, if case of vandalism/error, you're forced to painstakingly
repair by hand the problems (and that's if you're lucky and potlatch
succeed at restoring all that's necessary). This is a problem I've
personally encountered when a new user damaged a lot of stuff near
where I live. Hopefully I could spot it quickly (thanks to itoworlds'
graphical diff), but it was long to repair and I may very well have
left some crumbs behind me as being thorough is hard when reverting
way by way, node by node...

We really need an easy way to revert changes, and eventually combine
that with local comities of "power users". Being open doesn't mean we
have to remain all equals (esp. since, in fact, we're not).

Yann