On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 12:00 PM, John Smith<delta_foxt...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- On Wed, 29/7/09, Aun Johnsen (via Webmail) <skipp...@gimnechiske.org>
> wrote:
>
>> I have made a proposal for a tag
> I think this will only serve to confuse, no where on the maxheight wiki link
> you provided does it say it's a legal restriction, if anything it's exactly
> the same thing you're just giving people the option of picking tags so half
> the system will have maxheight used, and half will have clearance and the
> routing software will end up with twice the work for no benefit.

True, maxheight currently does not specify the reason.

So the question is, is there a need to differentiate between different
"kinds" of maxheight? Surely this issue has come up before in relation
to other keys?

If there is in fact a need to differentiate, what's the most common
practice? For example, "maxheight:physical=*" and "maxheight:legal=*"?
Just throwing ideas around, but you would first need to demonstrate
that "maxheight" is not sufficient.