On Sun, 2 Aug 2009, John Smith wrote:
> --- On Sun, 2/8/09, Blaž Lorger <blaz.lor...@triera.net> wrote:
> > I also propose extending instructions for road
> > classification to use width tag
>
> I agree with everything else you wrote except width since I really don't
> want to get a tape measure out and measure widths of roads, using lanes=*
> to estimate widths would be more sensible and is already in use.

this is a sensible suggestion, but may i note that there is the "road reserve"
which is a certain size - here in Australia actually surveyed in chains ( a
very old, old measure)
and then a visible road inside that which may be much narrower

so i'm not really sure what is the road width when i see these