On 06/08/2009 02:02, John Smith wrote:
> --- On Wed, 5/8/09, Martin Koppenhoefer<dieterdre...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> this doesn't look very familiar to me. Do you know the
>> following?
>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Conditions_for_access_tags
>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Extended_conditions_for_access_tags
>>
>> there could be
>> maxspeed[08:30-09:30]=40
>> maxspeed[14:30-15:30]=40
>> maxspeed[08:30-09:30]:reason=school_zone
>> maxspeed[14:30-15:30]:reason=school_zone
>>
> The problem with this is the multiple use of : would make it more difficult
> to split, if anything you'd ditch the colon completely for time, since it is
> used already for maxspeed:wet etc.
>
> maxspeed[0830-0930]=40
> maxspeed[1430-1530]=40
> maxspeed[0830-0930]:reason=school_zone
> maxspeed[1430-1530]:reason=school_zone

Though the colon is already used for the time syntax for the
opening_hours key: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:opening_hours
That's a fairly well used key, so it makes sense for the restrictions
time syntax to be consistent.

Also, what if you don't know what time the school zone applies?
Around here, they usually just have a sign with "20 when lights flash"
or similar. I assume its at typical school times, but how would I tag that?