2009/8/6 Liz <ed...@billiau.net>:
> On Thu, 6 Aug 2009, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
>> this doesn't look very familiar to me. Do you know the following?
>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Conditions_for_access_
>>tags
>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Extended_conditions_fo
>>r_access_tags
>>
>> there could be
>> maxspeed[08:30-09:30]=40
>> maxspeed[14:30-15:30]=40
>> maxspeed[08:30-09:30]:reason=school_zone
>> maxspeed[14:30-15:30]:reason=school_zone
>>
>> cheers,
>> Martin
>
> Martin, its only 5 days a week and not in school holidays
> so how do we expand the tagging to cover the full set of restrictions?

Yes, I thought that it was like that. According to this example:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d5/Vandalised_School_Zone_sign.jpg
it is valid on "school-days" only.

So either you need explicitly 2 conditions (some tag for AND
school-day=true, like in the wiki proposal maxspeed[hgv][Sa,Su] = 80)
or you interpret the above, that you could implicitly see from the
reason that it is only valid on school-days.

cheers,
Martin