On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 11:31 AM, John Smith<delta_foxt...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> This whole argument seems to be about tagging for routing software which is
> as bad as tagging for render.
>
> What's so bad about sticking a stop node 3-5m before the intersection, after
> all how many junctions have a stop sign after you pass through them?

That's exactly what I say. Stick the node where the real life stop
sign is - nothing arbitrary here - then let software calculate the
distances and find the nearest intersection. If and only if the
nearest intersection is not easy to find (e.g. because the distance
from the two intersections is the same or nearly the same), then add
the relation.
Pieren