On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 7:31 PM, John Smith<delta_foxt...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>This whole argument seems to be about tagging for routing software which is as
>bad as tagging for render.
>
>What's so bad about sticking a stop node 3-5m before the intersection, after
>all how many junctions have a stop sign after you pass through them?

This is not about tagging for routing software.

To denote a requirement to stop, you need to mark the direction of
approach, and the intersection. This is not a matter of opinion.

You may argue that a "node 3-5m before the intersection" is the best
approach and should be used to mark both of these things
simultaneously, but I respectfully disagree.

Pieren said "I'm not against relations when it is adding information."

I have a different stance - I am against using anything that isn't a
relation when a relation is necessary. And a relation is necessary
when a tag involves an inseparable interaction of ways/nodes, as in
this case.