2009/8/27 Christiaan Welvaart <c...@daneel.dyndns.org>:
> On Thu, 27 Aug 2009, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
> It seems your translation of the german wording is incorrect. In german it
> talks about 'Verkehrsbedeutung' which does not sound so bad to me.
> But 'importance' is something else IMO. A road's importance can be different
> for different traffic participants (or even non-participants), so it is
> too subjective.

It might be that the first paragraph is too short and therefore
eventually missleading, even if I didn't translate  something. If you
see in the 3rd paragraph: "the highway tag is for making a general
description of the importance of a highway in the street grid" -
sounds horrible as well and should probably be "adjusted lingually",
but is more precise. It refers to the street grid, not the relative
importance for single users.

I tried to keep all of the text and change as little as possible, but
maybe at this point there could also be a complete "redesign" of the
page. I don't know. I wanted that the page somehow reflected the
"hierarchical-grid-aspect" of our system as I thought it is the best
approach and most others think the same (thought I ;-) )

cheers,
Martin