2009/8/27  <lulu-...@gmx.de>:
> You said yourself it was a proposal.
It was not a formal proposal as defined in:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features
because the text there states: "This page is for newly proposed
features to be added to the map features page. " which is not applying
to my edit.
Please also note this paragraph in here:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Creating_a_proposal
"OSM was created out of a desire to change things, to break the status
quo; this principle should be kept in mind when creating tags as well.
"

I'm really concerned that OSM is going to wikipedia-like structures
with an overhead of formal requirements that IMHO will harm the
project.

> You made a change after a discussion with 8 persons and not all did agree.
> This is far below the limit for a proposal voting to become approved.

1) there is no procedure to vote upon an edit like mine (see the
guidelines linked above, that don't reflect your point of view)
2) I guess you did not see all of the discussion. I'm leaving out
national lists and refer just to talk:
I count:
Greg Troxel
John Smith
Christiaan Welvaart
James Stewart
Emilie Laffray
Liz
James Livingston
Pieren
Roy Wallace
David Lynch
Elena of Valhalla
Richard Mann
Alex Mauer
Apollinaris Schoell
Lester Caine
Eugene Alvin Villar
Martin Simon
Dermot McNally

didn't count them, but it looks more than 8.

cheers,
Martin