Tom Hughes schrieb:
> On 01/09/09 23:02, Pieren wrote:
>
>> I'm just questionning myself if I will continue to contribute to OSM
>> if the admins are not able to react faster to something which looks
>> like the worst form of vandalism.
>
> As an admin with the technical ability to do these things I'm perfectly
> capable of reacting quickly once I believe I have legitimate authority
> to act. I do not however plan to appoint myself as judge, jury and
> executioner in these matters.

But Dermot McNally already pointed out that this *is* vandalism, at
least in Ireland:
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk/2009-September/041412.html
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk/2009-September/041397.html

What more do you want? A Plane-Ticket to fly there and check for
yourself? Sorry for that..

I'm seeing people doing investigation, finding things are going mad,
reporting this - and getting ignored.

> What we are lacking is not people to take action, but mechanisms and
> people to quickly investigate and make decisions on what action should
> be take in an appropriate transparent, democratic and legitimate manner.
Just as e.g. Dermot McNally did.

> A group of people demanding that "something by done" on a mailing list
> does not, in my mind, constitute a legitimate authority for me to act.
What/Who does constitute a legitimate authority for you?

Peter