On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 12:59 AM, Andy Allan <gravityst...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 11:41 PM, Pieren<pier...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > And yes, I'm expecting fast reactions from the admins
>
> You're a gold-level member of the OSMF, right? Y'know, the level that
> means your annual membership fee is the same cost as a full time admin
> to do your beck and call, right?

Don't speak like that... You can't resume any personal investment only based
on money.

Pieren is a great contributor, helping newbies on the french list, active on
discution about all corner of the project, and even the developper of the
Cadastre plugin for JOSM.

As you are capitalizing all about money... time is money right ?  I guess he
is a diamond-level contributor...

And what.. If you are not member of OSMF, you are not contributing to the
project and you can't tell what you think ?

> Didn't think so.
>
> > until a real
> > "revert in one click" is possible from the interface like in
> > wikipedia.
>
> You'll be waiting a loooooonnnnnnngggggg time for that then. Unless
> you have some l33t h4x0rz skills you're willing to share?

He has. Using it to help mapping from French Cadastre...

> After all,
> everyone else who's worked on revert code has consistently said on
> these mailing lists "oh yeah, a revert button would be trivial, I'll
> do it tomorrow". Oh, wait, no we didn't.

This is not meaning we won't have one soon.

> I understand what it's like dealing with vandals, so I know why your
> annoyed. But please don't start demanding stuff on the mailing lists
> from other volunteers, admins or not, it's not going to get anything
> solved.

Like under-estimating others... it's an open-crowd-project, every one can
contribute, even by just clues or ideas.

> Cheers,
> Andy

Steven Le Roux
Jabber-ID : ste...@jabber.fr
0x39494CCB <ste...@le-roux.info>
2FF7 226B 552E 4709 03F0  6281 72D7 A010 3949 4CCB