Peter Miller schrieb:
> On 2 Sep 2009, at 21:52, MP wrote:
>
>>> Until this is possible I want to try to (or at least collect all
>>> necessary information to) write an external tool for this.
>> Adding "revert" to main site could attract vandals (ok, let's just
>> revert stuff) or experimentators (what does this button do?). I think
>> better would be to have it as external tool that can either revert or
>> prepare file for reverting (so that it would be loaded, checked and
>> uploaded in JOSM) - reverting should be easy, but not that easy, that
>> it would suffice to click one button to revert.
>>

> Only 'established users' can upload images to Wikipedia and I would
> suggest that the revert option is only available to established OSM
> users. It would need to take many edits to get 'established' but it
> means that there are some controls on 'drive-by vandals' who register
> and then cause mischief. I guess one can loose one's 'established
> user' credentials by partaking in vandalism.
I don't think the number of edits is a good indicator of beeing
established. How about the time beeing an OSM member? Half a year (maybe
with activity every month) would be better, I think.

> For a simple single changeset a revert might often be
> good, however sometimes one might decide one needed to revert a part
> of the dataset wholesale. Not sure why.
Our cool-tool could allow this as well.

I'm thinking of a list of all changes with the option to choose an
action (revert, keep, revert tag(s), revert position, ...) So you could
mark those things that should stay as "ignore", leave the rest as
"revert" and let the tool do the work.

Peter