On 02/09/2009, Peter Körner <osm-li...@mazdermind.de> wrote:
> > I'm against voting. Voting is a way to take responsibility away from the
>  > individual. I think that in most cases we should strive to have
>  > individuals responsible for everything (just like with mapping - you
>  > don't suggest something which the community then votes upon, you just map).
>
> But this could lead to reverting as a extended form of vandalism (which
>  is much more effective!)

They you can use the tool again and just revert the revert.

Currently, messing things up things is easy, even without any revert
tool, reverting them (without asking someone with DB access to do the
dirty job) is not so easy.

With the tool, reverting will become much easier. And it would help
not only against vandalism, but also against bugs introduced by some
bot that did not work as the author expected (like bot uploading new
copy of all objects with "new" tags, instead of updating the objects,
leading to thousands of duplicated stuff in the map).

Martin